Enrollment and Registration

Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, Finley School District is transitioning to an online registration system for student enrollment.  Students in the Finley School District may register year-round at their attendance school. The Finley District boundary map detailing your attendance area is available at all Finley schools, the District Office, and on our website at this link. The District area is based on your street address. If you are a student who has been identified under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act or think you may qualify for this program, please contact our District Homeless Liaison, Amy McLaughlin, at 509-586-3217, or

If you live outside the Finley School District boundaries and would like to attend our schools, please use the 
Choice Transfer Parent Portal to request a transfer into our district or if you live in our boundaries and would like to transfer to another district please use the link above. Out of district students will be accepted on a case by case basis. .

Only parents and/or legal guardians can enroll students in the Finley School District

How Do I Register My New Student Online?

Registration forms are accepted in the following formats:

  1. Submit the Online Web Form

  2. Print and Complete the PDF Form (Download printable PDF here)

We Will Also Need the Following From You

  1. A copy of your child's birth certificate (or an entry in a family bible, an adoption record, an affidavit from a parent, previously verified school records, or any other documents permitted by law) for Kindergarten only
  2. A copy showing proof of residency in the Finley School District (copy of utility bill)
  3. Medically verified immunization records:
    A medically verified record includes one or more of the following:
    • A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
    • A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
    • A physical copy of the CIS with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider, verified and signed by school staff
    • A CIS printed from MyIR
  4. Any other legal documents (Temporary Restraining Orders, etc.)

** Make sure to read the the new laws regarding immunizations that take effect August 1, 2020.

We will accept photos of these documents if they are emailed to the appropriate school email listed below. Once we receive your documentation, you will receive an email or phone call from our office staff letting you know your username and password for Skyward Family Access. It is at this point you will be able to complete your child’s full registration online. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions. You can reach our office staff by calling or emailing:

Kindergarten Enrollment 

Students entering kindergarten must be five years old on or before August 31. Registration typically opens the first week of May. For more information, please contact Finley Elementary at 509-586-7577.

What if I have misplaced or cannot find my child's birth certificate?
Birth certificates may be obtained through the Benton Franklin Health District. Copies may be purchased for $20.00 each. Certified copies of birth certificates are available for persons born in the state of Washington dating back to January 1, 1927. Births prior to this date must be requested from the Department of Vital Records in Olympia.  Request a Birth Certificate - Dept of Vital Records